Thursday, August 5, 2010

Well I’m still in Cuenca, which is one of the main cities in Ecuador. It is also the most pretty with loads of colonial buildings, it is also favoured by USA citizens. Since I posted details of my cuy / guinea pig lunch, I’ve had several people ask me how it tasted. Well there wasn’t that much of it, cuy are not very fleshy it would appear. It took ages picking off enough for a fork-full. When I did find enough, it tasted much like roast chicken, but more fatty. Also, here is a picture of the cuy shortly before I ordered it in the restaurant:

1 comment:

  1. Aww, and in his natty little hat too... did they serve him with the hat on the side, like the umbrella in a cocktail? rofl.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a British academic who teaches and researches internationally. I have a PhD in Psychology from University College London and I'm an honorary research fellow of the University of Sheffield. During 2012-2013 I taught Psychology and conducted research at Chuo University in Tokyo. However, I am now based in Quito, Ecuador, where I am a professor of psychology at Universidad San Francisco de Quito.