Saturday, July 13, 2013

To be a Brit in Ecuador again

This blog will be active again in a few months. I'm going to return to living in Ecuador after two years away in Japan. I will be teaching Psychology at an Ecuadorian university.

Japan is OK, everything works, there is virtually no crime, it's clean. Ecuador is the cultural antipodean point: nothing works quite how it should, crime is ubiquitous and it's frequently a bit dirty.

But somehow it has so much more to offer. 

So it will become my home again in 2014. 

The city of Quito, seen from afar
The city of Manta, seen through blue

Otavalo Animal Market, a bird's eye view











No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a British academic who teaches and researches internationally. I have a PhD in Psychology from University College London and I'm an honorary research fellow of the University of Sheffield. During 2012-2013 I taught Psychology and conducted research at Chuo University in Tokyo. However, I am now based in Quito, Ecuador, where I am a professor of psychology at Universidad San Francisco de Quito.